Published March 7, 2017 at 10:22
From the only Temperance Bar in England to award winning tea rooms, Rossendale has an excellent food and drink offer which deserves to be celebrated.
Rossendale boasts plenty of top notch food establishments; make sure you nominate them for the Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards 2017.
The Lancashire Life Food & Drink Awards is undoubtedly one of the biggest events in the county’s calendar. The awards are designed to champion, highlight and offer a showcase to the shining stars of Lancashire’s food and drink industry, including local producers and suppliers, chefs, restaurants, pubs and hoteliers.
Guests, finalists and sponsors will join Lancashire Life to celebrate the 21st Lancashire Life Food & Drink Awards at the Dunkenhlagh Hotel & Spa, Blackburn on Monday 16th October. The awards will celebrate the good and the great from Lancashire’s food & drink industry.
Nominations for the 2017 Lancashire Life Food & Drink Awards are now open. The shortlist will be published in the September Lancashire Life magazine and the winners will be announced at the award ceremony on the 16th October.
You can nominate for the following award categories and bring an award home to Rossendale;
Top of Form
- Lancashire Life Restaurant of the Year – Nominate a restaurant in Lancashire which offers the best dining experience including food, décor and service.
- Lancashire Life Chef of the Year – Someone who has devoted themselves to the cause of serving the best possible food within the county.
- Lancashire Life Dining Pub of the Year – Nominate your favourite pub in Lancashire. It should serve good beer, great food and give guests a warm welcome.
- Lancashire Life Food or Drink Product of the Year – Nominate your favourite food or drink product – whether made by a Lancashire farmer, producer, retailer or manufacturer.
- Lancashire Life Independent Retailer of the Year – Nominate your favourite deli, farm shop, baker or food retailer who you think deserves this accolade.
- Lancashire Life Food Hero of the Year – This person will have made a lasting contribution to the food and drink community. It could be a celebrity, a critic, a barman, waiter or farmer. Who goes that extra mile to make a difference to our local food and drink in Lancashire?
- Lancashire Life Tearoom/Cafe of the Year – Who serves the best tea or coffee and the nicest cakes or the best scones in Lancashire?
- Lancashire Life Newcomer of the Year – This category is open to anyone in the food or drink industry who has started a new venture within the last 18 months. We want to know what impact they have made on the local community and whether they have started to achieve any success further afield. Are they helping to promote Lancashire food and drink to a new audience?
- Lancashire Life Family Dining of the Year – Judges of this category will be looking for a restaurant, café or pub which really meets the needs of family dining, by demonstrating attention to the requirements across the generations of diners both in terms of its food offering, atmosphere, entertainment, sense of theatre, and the variety of menu for guests regardless of age. The award reflects the whole experience, so is aimed at establishments that place a great emphasis on standards of service, both front of house and in the food preparation, as well as having that “certain something” which makes it appeal to the whole family.
- Outstanding Customer Service – Service has to be just right — not lacking, but not intrusive either. We want you to tell us about the place that blends warmth and courtesy with knowledge and efficiency