Published October 26, 2020 at 10:58
The Local Authority Emergency Assistance Grant for Food and Essential Supplies is a one-off limited contribution for local authorities in England to use to support people who are struggling to afford food and other essentials due to COVID-19.
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Be resident in Burnley, Pendle or Rossendale
· Be able to demonstrate that they struggling to afford food and / or other essentials due to Covid-19.
· not have any savings, access to other monies or affordable source of funding, or other means of accessing support
Referrals into the scheme will be through a combination of self and agency/organisation referral.
What can be provided?
Food: Any applicant deemed eligible for an award of food will be offered up to the maximum of an equivalent of c£100 worth of food.
Essential items (including heating bills): Any applicant deemed eligible for an award for essential items, will receive an award up to a maximum of £200.
Items could include: Essential household items; Supermarket vouchers; Vouchers for school uniforms; Vouchers for essential furniture; Essential items for children.
What can’t be provided?
This fund is designed to provide the most essential items to those most in need. The programme will not provide:
· Leisure activity e.g. Holidays
· Specific items from specific shops
· Specific foods from specific shops/supermarkets (special dietary requirements will be catered for)
· Any item/service which has already been paid for
· Anything that promotes a religious or political agenda
· Any particular item which has already been funded from a different source
· Help with rent/mortgage payments or paying off debts e.g. Council Tax, credit cards etc
For more information or should you have any questions, please contact BPRCVS on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone Rossendale Connected on 01706 252520.