Published March 11, 2016 at 15:37
Flood Re launches in April 2016 and will promote the availability and affordability of flood insurance for up to 350,000 homeowners across the UK who are at risk of flooding.
The leaflet produced explains more about how Flood Re will work as well as providing general advice to homeowners on managing flood risk.
Insurance companies and the Government have been working together to develop a different way of dealing with flood insurance. They have decided on a scheme that will;
- Enable flood cover to be more affordable for the households at highest risk of flooding
- Increase the availability and the choice of insurers for customers
- Allow time for the Government, local authorities, insurers and communities to become better prepared for flooding.
This scheme will be in operation for the next 25 years, which may sound like a long time, but there is a lot that has to be done during this period. There is more about this later in this leaflet.
- Flood Resilience Grants Reminder
- Flooding: Help for Businesses
- Recent Floods in Rossendale: An Open Letter