Published March 4, 2021 at 12:27
Covid-19 Roadmap: Step 2
From the 12th April we have moved to Step 2 of the Covid-19 Roadmap
Step 2: No earlier than 12 April (at least 5 weeks after Step 1)
- The opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres.
- Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups)
- Most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas will open.
- Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.
- Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’).
- Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.
- While funerals can continue with up to 30 mourners, the number of people able to attend weddings, receptions and commemorative events such as wakes will rise to 15.
As we move through each of these steps, it is important that we all remember COVID-19 is still a part of our lives so we must:
- Continue to follow the principles of ‘hands, face, space’
- Follow the COVID-secure measures that remain in place at different stages
- Get tested – Free rapid testing is now available to all. Go to http://bit.ly/GetTestedNorth for more information
- Get vaccinated when offered