Published August 4, 2016 at 12:12
Organisers for the popular Rossendale 60s Festival are appealing to local business to get involved in this years festival by dressing their windows up “60s Style”.
The winners will be choosen by an independent judging panel on Saturday 10th September and will receive a prize and certificate to place in their winning window.
The design can be completely at the discretion of the entrant, keeping it clean of course!
Simply complete the attached form and post it/scan it/ email it to;
email@example.com or 31 Acre Park, Stacksteads, Bacup OL13 0HU.
The 60s Festival is on 9th-11th September this year and is packed full of events as it grows each years.
Up to now the following has been confirmed;
- The Whitaker Museum – they will be staging the Rossendale 60’s Festival launch event on Friday 9th and include live bands and the resulting singing and artwork from the ‘Wonderful Whitaker’ project. The Whitaker will also be holding ‘Whitstock’, an event that incorporates live music, classic cars, films, artwork, and a range of stalls selling local produce.
- Cafe Artisan will be staging 60’s music provided by both live bands and DJ sets over the 60’s weekend. Bands will be announced nearer the time
- Wonderful Whitaker – Two Rossendale organisations, Wonderful Things and The Whitaker Museum, are joining forces at the end of the Summer holidays to offer sixties singing and art workshops. They are aimed at primary aged children in Rossendale who will have the chance to create a wonderful spectacle for the launch of the Rossendale 60’s Festival on Friday 9th September 2016. International opera singer Sean Ruane will deliver a workshop designed to engage all the young people attending, and create a collection of iconic Sixties songs to sing to the public at the Rossendale 60’s Festival launch on the evening of 9th September.
- East Lancs Railway – in addition to their usual contribution of dress Rawtenstall station in a 60’s theme, they are also planning a Beer & Cider Festival and Steam weekend that will run in conjunction with the Rossendale 60’s Festival and extend to other venues within Rawtenstall
- BBC Radio Lancashire– They are planning to broadcast ‘live’ from The Whitaker on Friday 9th from 9.30-12.00, providing a great opportunity to showcase the Festival weekend in detail.
- The Clog Market will be running on Sunday 11th September, selling quality vintage, retro, handmade and homemade arts and crafts and great street food.
- The Boo Theatre in Waterfoot – They will be staging the ‘Baby Boogie’ experience, which will be a sensory Baby Disco set to 60s music with lots of stimulation with a groovy psychedelic flavour. This truly unique event is planned for the afternoon of Sunday 11th September, and builds on the already successful interactive immersive theatre performances and play session for babies, toddlers and young children, including the recent ‘Babies in Space’ event. Details of this amazing experience will be posted over the coming weeks.
- Scoot Rossendale, the all new scooter eventwill be organised and staged at Bacup Cricket Club with music by Northern Soul DJ Kieran Woodward and Ska/Reggae band The Inciders.
- The Crown Inn in Bacup will be staging a 60’s themed weekend with a 60’s band on Saturday night and DJ Sunday afternoon