Published December 5, 2016 at 16:48
The Council’s Open Day for this project proved to be an informative session for local residents about the scheme and its future plans.
The local Bacup community were invited to come down to Saturday’s Open Day on the THI Project, organised by Rossendale Council, so that they could find out more information on what has already been achieved by the project and to see what is to come in future phases.
The Open Day also gave residents the opportunity to see the new proposals for the public realm street scene for the first time; with the consultation now open on this. The public realm scheme has already been heavily revised since its first proposal, following previous consultations. Talks also took place throughout the day on the history of shop fronts in Bacup and Bacup Camera Club provided a wonderful display of 20 photos of buildings in Bacup.
Most of those who attended and fed back to the project team were in favour of the new proposals and also provided some useful comments as part of the consultation.
A photo competition was run for the open day with people submitting in their favourite pictures of Bacup. 7 year old Chloe won the children’s competition and Colin won the adults following their submissions of their favourite pictures of Bacup or people enjoying Bacup.
Cllr Andy MacNae was at the event and welcomed the engagement opportunity;
“It was great to be able to talk to people who are passionate about where they live, work and shop and who are pleased to see these proposals.”
The consultation on the public realm street scheme proposals is open until 2 January 2017. The plans can be viewed here and in the Bacup library;
Comments can be submitted via the THI website, emailing email@example.com or writing to Bacup THI Project, Rossendale Borough Council, The Business Centre, Bacup, OL13 0BB.
If you missed the open day and wish to see some of the display then it will be on show at the Bacup Christmas light switch on, on December 7th, and then in Bacup Library.
- Bacup Continues to Benefit from Heritage Project
- Bacup THI Guided Walk: “Water, Water everywhere, but not a Drop to Drink”
- Bacup THI Open Day Set to Showcase the Project
- Bacup THI Phase 1 Works Nearing Completion
- Bacup THI Presentation at Bacup Easter Festival
- Bacup THI Work Is Underway
- Business As Usual During Bacup Building Works
- Clock Strikes for Bacup THI Project Success
- Heritage Experts Visit the Bacup THI
- Public Consultation on Waterside Mill , Bacup
- Successful Heritage Open Day at Stubbylee Hall, Bacup